First Pedagoo Fife Meeting

Home Forums PedagooLocal Pedagoo Fife First Pedagoo Fife Meeting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    owexelstein
    Participant

Who? Any Fife teachers/ educators.

Where? We are planning to meet in the Laurel Bank Hotel, Markinch (It is central and has a train station).
    When? 3rd November at 12 midday.

What? This will be the first meeting of the Fife Pedagoo Group and Fife Pedagurus.
    We will focus on:
    What do we want/ need from our local Pedagoo group?
    How can we achieve these wants/ needs?
    Possibilities for Pedagatherings/ teachmeets/ beermeets
    And, undoubtably, there will be lots of tangents.

Come along and join the conversation!

Gemma Sanderson
    Participant

I’ll be there. Did we decide on a time?

karlbarrs

Sounds very interesting-count me in! Not been to the Laurel Bank for years!

Jennifer Harvey
    Participant

I am so excited about the potential of this! Glad we got the ball rolling so quickly!

I disagree with the focus.
    We have an opportunity to reach out to the rest of Fife here and introduce them to Pedagoo – that should be the first meeting, that should be the focus. It needs to be an open invitation to our Fife colleagues so we can show them what Pedagoo is about and what it is not about. From there the “wants” and “needs” will emanate! Or are we setting up a “committee”?

Linda Lapere

All sounds interesting, though fair point Gareth. Count me in for the Laurel Bank too!

Jennifer Harvey
    Participant

Do you mean invite everyone to the first meeting Gareth? My initial thoughts were to gather a team of people who have involvement with pedagoo already and plan an open event from there? I think that a pedaguru team can achieve more but we need to meet to know what is expected from ourselves. Otherwise, how can we all be on the same page?

owexelstein
    Participant

Gareth the plan for the first meeting was to set up a core Fife pedagoo group whose chief role was to plan Fife Pedagoo events or spread word of Pedagoo etc. After that we can open things out wider.

owexelstein
    Participant

Hi Just wanted to check everyone was still ok for this time and date if you haven’t done so already can you please reply to this post to let us know if you are coming along.

Thanks

Olivia

yip, I’m good for 3rd November at 12 midday Laurel Bank Hotel, Markinch.
    Anything needing done?

karen doherty
    Participant

I intend to be there, all things being equal.

Gemma Sanderson
    Participant

I’ll be there, does anything need to be done or brought for it?

owexelstein
    Participant

I don’t anyone needs to bring anything for the first meeting as I hope the ideas will just be generated through conversation – don’t think it should be too formal.

A lot of us are into technology and I’d like to raise awareness that CAS (Computing at School http://www.computingatschool.org.uk/) are keen for the formation of localised CAS hubs to support computing in schools. This isn’t just for computing teachers, but for anyone that uses and teaches with computers. A couple of teachers are interested – David Scott at Kirkland and Craig Henderson at Bell Baxter. Maybe combined meetings for Pedagoo/Teachmeet/CAS would be effective?

owexelstein
    Participant

Colin I think that sounds like a great idea. Did you tell them about today? If not we can make sure they know about the next meeting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.