- This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
October 21, 2015 at 8:27 am #13238
What could be the discussion themes for #ScotEdChat?October 21, 2015 at 8:52 am #13242AnonymousInactive
My thoughts at the moment for a starter theme? Happy to take any feedback.
Warm Up question (This Thursday?)
How can we encourage more Scottish based educators to see the value and engage in using social media as a tool for CLPL?
Slow Chat Theme – HGIOS4
2.3 Learning, Teaching and Assessment
How can we involve learners in planning their learning?
How can we develop children and young people’s metacognition to ensure that they can engage in meaningful self- and peer-assessment to improve their learning?
What does high quality feedback look like and how can we ensure that learners are actively engaging with it to improve their learning?
What are the challenges faced when trying to ensure that learners’ achievements in and out of school are recorded and recognised?
How can we develop learner’s understanding of how these achievements help them to develop knowledge and skills for life, learning and work?
October 21, 2015 at 8:53 am #13243AnonymousInactive
- This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Fearghal. Reason: Removed code
Well…that did not work!October 21, 2015 at 8:53 am #13244
Whoa! Did you copy and paste that from somewhere?October 21, 2015 at 8:56 am #13246AnonymousInactive
Okay… how do I delete these? Can I not copy and paste from a word document?October 21, 2015 at 8:58 am #13249
I’ve edited your first one and deleted your second. No, copying from Word to the web is not a good idea as it brings all the tonnes of code which Word uses with it. If you’re wanting to copy and paste through another program it’s best use a simple text editor/note pad as these normally leave it as plain text and don’t add tonnes of code.October 21, 2015 at 9:01 am #13250
Some of my own suggested themes included:
October 21, 2015 at 9:19 am #13254AnonymousInactive
- What impact, if any, will the National Improvement Framework have on Scottish Education?
- What does effective digital learning look like, and how can it be achieved in Scottish schools?
- Where next for Curriculum for Excellence?
- What impact, if any, does policy have on learning? How do we know?
- Masters-level learning for teachers post-Donaldson…is it happening, if not how can it be achieved?
Those all look like great themes with plenty of scope for discussion.October 21, 2015 at 9:32 am #13256AnonymousInactive
Some theme suggestions of my own:
October 21, 2015 at 10:13 am #13261
- Transition: it still feels like a lame duck. How can we fix it?
- Votes at 16: what can we do to engage ALL young people in building a healthy, democratic future?
- Social justice and children’s rights: do we practice what we preach?
- Fire up the tartan Delorean! Scotland 2020: what do we want education to look like, feel like etc?
- How should we teach children to read?
- Parental engagement.
- Getting groups of students from a 1)school 2) college 3)university etc. to choose a theme.
These are fab Athole!October 22, 2015 at 9:29 am #13275Gary WalshParticipant
Great themes! Some of my suggestions would be:
October 22, 2015 at 10:43 pm #13296AnonymousInactive
- How do we educate for the ‘whole person’ in Scottish education?
- What is education, and what is it for?
- Schools as a central site for creative collaboration: (working with parents, communities, youth work, business, 3rd sector)
- Should Scottish education have a kindergarten stage?
- ’21st century skills’: what are they & what is the role of education in developing them?
All of these questions are fab – think some of my earlier suggestions might be too specific?? I do still think the last two questions would be good for encouraging other sectors to join the chat.
Some other potential themes:
October 25, 2015 at 6:06 pm #13357AnonymousInactive
- Is “Getting It Right For Every Child” improving outcomes for Children, Young People and their Families?
- Young people, Social Media and the impact on self-esteem- A 21st Century Problem?
- Family Learning – what is it? Sharing good practice and ideas for future opportunities.
- Pupil Voice in Scotland – have we moved beyond tokenism?
- Teacher Agency – What is it? Why is it important? Can we achieve it in Scottish Education?
Brilliant stuff. There is a whole year of themes here at least. Almost. Sorted!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.