Forum Replies Created
November 9, 2015 at 12:11 pm #13626
Hear hear to Caradh being brilliant last week. It couldn’t have been a better start!
Thanks for doing one this week Athole. I would offer to do it but I am at the John Byrne Awards this Thursday night in Edinburgh 🙂
Google form would be great. I think keeping it simple is key i.e. Date – Chat Title – Host – Summary
That way it can serve both as an open/flexible timetable and also an archive with links to summary blogs.
Crowd sourcing questions – great idea
Ok I’ll do the chat on 19th plus #slowchat and see how it goes. I’ll start promoting from Monday 16th.
I think all the topics suggested are brilliant including yours above, previous suggestions in this thread plus suggestions coming through on #ScotEdChat itself. It’s almost a bit overwhelming but signals that this is needed and presents a great opportunity.
How about a group of pupils hosting a ‘pupil voice’ session?
And how about 4) Not worrying about stepping on people’s toes and just cracking on! 🙂November 9, 2015 at 11:18 am #13623
I am keen to keep momentum going after a great first effort last week. I am keen to host a #ScotEdChat session on the theme of ‘Character, Values and Citizenship’ in education. I could do so on Thursday 19th November. What do you reckon?
I just wanted to ask:
- I know that some suggested themes for further chats were submitted by those involved last week, do we have any dates in place? Don’t want to step on any toes!
- In terms of chat format – last week seemed to work so well that I am tempted to suggest we stick with that format for chat on 19th Nov i.e. 1 hour 8.30pm-9.30pm, with an invitation to carry on in a #slowchat format until 26th Nov. My summary blog piece can cover the initial chat on 19th and will also summarise any further contributions made until 26th.
- In terms of chats beyond 26th Nov – how about we offer the option to hosts of committing to a ‘standard chat only’ such as last week i.e. 1 hour 8.30-9.30 – or a ‘standard chat plus’ i.e. the format I have described above including a #slowchat
Any thoughts? If there are no objections I’ll just go ahead and start promoting the chat for 19th Nov as described above.
GOctober 22, 2015 at 9:29 am #13275
Great themes! Some of my suggestions would be:
October 22, 2015 at 9:04 am #13272
- How do we educate for the ‘whole person’ in Scottish education?
- What is education, and what is it for?
- Schools as a central site for creative collaboration: (working with parents, communities, youth work, business, 3rd sector)
- Should Scottish education have a kindergarten stage?
- ’21st century skills’: what are they & what is the role of education in developing them?
Hey all – this all sounds great! Trying to keep an eye on it from Ireland (bad timing for a holiday!) but delighted #scotedchat has become ‘a thing’ in my absence. That’s the whole point after all. Format above looks great.
I reckon we’ve pretty much done the first ‘slow chat’ – forming #scotedchat – so I’ll try to make some time today to post a blog about it.
I will happily host a slow chat on ‘whole person education’ when I’m back – do we have any initial dates?